Product Special Message
This product is perishable and stored accordingly in a refrigeration zone to ensure potency. We have been instructed by suppliers to ship this product in cold packaging to maintain the integrity during transportation. This additional packaging is included at no cost to your order as an added service. We will not hold your order for this item based on transportation time or location as we strive to ship orders out as fast as possible. To ensure potency is maintained, you are encouraged to order early in the week to avoid transit over the weekend and may consider upgrading the shipping method when purchasing this product.
Only Karthein's Organic Sauerkraut is unpasteurized (raw cultured) and contains naturally occurring digestive enzymes and beneficial probiotic bacteria.
Finding new "ready-to-eat" super food that tastes great and is actually healthy is difficult. Karthein's Organic Unpasteurized Sauerkraut is prepared the old fashioned way in labour intensive small batches.
- no vinegar
- no preservatives
- no destructive heat processing
- made with certified organic cabbage and unrefined grey sea salt
- manufacturing process is certified organic by Ecocert Canada.
Ten Reasons to Eat Fresh Unpasteurized Sauerkraut.
Unpasteurized Sauerkraut is...
- high in digestive enzymes. Enzyme rich foods help support the pancreas and increase digestive strength.
- one of the best ways to establish various beneficial lactobacilli cultures (and others) in the digestive tract. It is a less expensive alternative to probiotic supplementation.
- very high in naturally occurring lactic acid. Lactic Acid helps maintain a healthy acidity in the large intestine - an environment that is hostile to parasites and yeast but comfortable for good bacteria.
- very high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant.
- helps to maintain the acid/base balance of the body - especially useful for toxic, acidic conditions.
- highly recommended for healing candidiasis (Candida Yeast overgrowth.)
- high in acetylcholine, a compound known to regulate the bowels, calm the nervous system, improve sleep patterns, and lower blood pressure.
- contains dithiothiones, indoles and sulfur, all of which are recommended by the National Cancer Institute for cancer prevention.
- supplies the body with easily assimilated, predigested nutrients. Most people who ordinarily experience difficulty digesting cabbage or other raw vegetables, have no trouble eating small amounts of Unpasteurized Sauerkraut.
- helps to regulate blood sugar levels making it useful for hypoglycemic and diabetics.