Build the best possible start to life: Nutritional and intestinal health support for pregnant women
• Includes the 4 major foundations of nutrition that researchers agree are required to be supplemented on a daily basis: vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, clinically proven human-sourced probiotics and omega-3 essential fatty acids.
• Great for maintenance and therapeutic regimes
Convenient & patient-friendly
• 28 easy-to-use portable strips enhance compliance
• Key supplementation in one product
HMF Maternity + Pro includes:
Clinically proven human-sourced probiotic strains
Healthy intestinal bacteria are just as important to infants as to adults. Modern living may inhibit gut flora balance post birth. Thus the acquisition of a beneficial flora potential in the newborn can be significantly enhanced if the mother also takes a probiotic during pregnancy. Additionally, probiotics will help support the intestinal function of the mother during the pregnancy period.
Intestinal support with proprietary strains
• Utilizes human sourced, non-pathogenic proprietary strains that provide strong epithelial adherence and a naturally high tolerance to stomach acid
• Probiotics temporarily modify gut flora(1)
Supports pregnant women
• Unique consortium of proprietary strains
• Helps maintain probiotic stability in combination with these various nutrients and allows for ambient temperature (59-86ºF) storage and a 2 year shelf-life without compromising product stability while still meeting or exceeding label claims
PLUS more than 20 essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
Contains vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
• Vitamin C, manganese, calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin K1 help in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums(2)
• Magnesium helps to maintain proper muscle function(3)
• Vitamin C, zinc and magnesium help in connective tissue formation(4)
• Copper helps to produce and repair connective tissue(5)
• Riboflavin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid help in tissue formation(6)
• Vitamin C helps in wound healing(7)
• Zinc helps to maintain healthy skin(8)
• Folic acid, vitamin B12, iron, copper help to form red blood cells and help in their proper function(9)
• Iodine helps in the function of the thyroid gland(10)
• Folic acid helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy(11)
• Vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, zinc, manganese, chromium, molybdenum and magnesium help the body to metabolize fats and proteins(12)
• Zinc helps to maintain immune function(13)
• Chromium provides support for healthy glucose metabolism(14)
• N-Acetyl-L-cysteine supports the synthesis of glutathione (GSH)
PLUS high DHA omega-3 fatty acids
Each softgel contains 200 mg of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) plus other additional nutrients.
• Helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age(15)
• Helps support cognitive health and/or brain function(16)
Additional nutrient support
• Beta carotene helps in development and maintenance of bones and teeth, development and maintenance of night vision, maintain eyesight, skin, membranes and immune function(17)
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant for the maintenance of good health(18)
References: 1. NHPD. Live Microorganisms (Probiotics) Monograph. June 2012.
2-14. NHPD. Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Supplement Monograph. October 2007.
15-16. NHPD. Fish Oil Monograph. July 2012.
17-18. NHPD. Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Supplement Monograph. October 2007.